08 July 2005

Rove the White House leaker?

    Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
    Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
    Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
    Captain Renault: Oh, thank you very much.
      Casablanca
Newsweek is reporting that Karl Rove is one of the sources behind the outing of Valerie Plame. Okay everyone, together now in your best Steven Wright monotone:
Oh my god. Can you believe it. What is this world coming to? I am sooooo surprised.
Karl Rove, huh? Who would have thunk? Well, anyone with five or more neurons, but why care? Rove can relax, secure in the knowledge that he's more likely to be ridden to victory in the Kentucky Derby than face prosecution.

Besides, the London bombings will leave this story buried. Just another reason for whoop-whooping over at Fox (SitW has the details on that).

2 comments:

Jeri said...

I am actually shocked that Rove leaked it himself, rather than having one of his minions do it. It surprises me that he'd be so sloppy, especially before the election. I'm giddy at the thought of him actually making a mistake.

Andrew said...

Unfortunately I'm not surprised or giddy. I think it's an indication of how untouchable they feel and, probably, are. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I don't think Rove will face any repercussions.