05 April 2006

Morning buzzkill

    The dream is always the same.
      Joel
      Risky Business

I awoke on my own. I looked at the clock, and it was 10:05 AM. "We overslept!" I shouted, "It's already after 10!" My wife's groggy reply was unintelligible as rushed downstairs to grab my cell phone - I was supposed to be on a conference call for work. As I fumbled through my bag, I noticed that it was still dark out. I looked at one of the clocks downstairs. It was 3:47 AM! Relieved, I headed back to bed, reassuring my wife that we weren't late and the bedroom clock got changed somehow, maybe the cat. I pulled up the covers and settled into the pillow, looking forward to another two hours of sleep....

That was when the alarm went off, and I awoke for real.

2 comments:

Rob S. said...

Ouch.

By the way, there's a typo in the first sentence that really affects comprehension. Ya might wanna get that.

Andrew said...

Thanks. Typo fixed (changed "one" to "on").